In order to sign up and use our service you’ll need to provide limited personal information. We appreciate the trust you place in True to be good stewards of this information. We only use this information to provide access to the service and to improve the user experience. We never sell or monetize user data.
OUR INFORMATION PRACTICES REGARDING NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION
Technical data. In order to maintain the integrity of our systems and to monitor and improve their performance we collect technical information typically collected by websites and apps: device characteristics (including device ID for mobile devices), operating system, browser type, dates and times logged in, use statistics, metadata for images, etc.
Aggregate and anonymized data. To better understand our users we may use de-identified/anonymized data and aggregate data through sources such as an IDFA and an AAID to enable us to gauge what parts of our products are popular and how they are used generally.
Contact Lists. To enable you to access your contacts from within the True app, you can sync your contact list to True. Once your contacts are synced, you'll receive notifications when anyone on your list joins True. We’ll never use your contact list for anything other than to provide a better user experience (we won’t contact them or sell or share the information on your contact list).
OUR INFORMATION PRACTICES REGARDING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Recent information practices: During the most recent 12 months we have collected the following categories of personal information about some of our members: name, phone number, email address, and IP address. We have not disclosed, sold, or shared any categories of personal information about our members to any third parties.
Current information practices:
- Personal information:
- We continue to collect the personal information described above in 1.
- We collect personal information about our members only from our members, and not from any other categories of sources.
- We do not share, sell, or disclose personal information about our members to anyone.
- We collect personal information to enable our product and network to function.
- Sensitive personal information: We don’t collect such information.
- Information you publicly disclose: Whatever information you make available to the public by disclosing it to other users – by designating it as “viewable” or by posting it to your profile or in comments – is not personal information. We do not analyze, data-mine, sell, or otherwise use the information you post as part of your “profile information.”
- Personal information:
Your rights regarding information we collect. You have the right to:
- obtain from us the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
- opt-out of the sale or sharing of your personal information.
- correct inaccurate personal information we have about you.
- delete the personal information we have about you.
HOW TO EXERCISE YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING OUR INFORMATION PRACTICES AND THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE HAVE ABOUT YOU:
- TO CORRECT INACCURATE PERSONAL INFORMATION OR TO DELETE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION: Simply log into your account and make the corrections / deletions you desire.
- TO REQUEST DETAILS ABOUT OUR PERSONAL INFORMATION PRACTICES AS THEY AFFECT YOU, CLICK HERE: CCPA@trytrue.com. SUCH DETAILS INCLUDE:
- COLLECTION: The categories of personal information as well as the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you, and the categories of sources from which that information has been collected.
- DISCLOSURE: The categories of personal information about you that we have disclosed, sold or shared, the business or commercial purposes for which we have collected, disclosed, sold and/or shared it; the categories of third parties to whom we have disclosed personal information, and to whom we sold (or with whom we shared) your personal information; and the categories of personal information about you that we have disclosed for a business purpose and the categories of persons to whom it was disclosed.
- TO LIMIT THE USE OF YOUR SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION, CLICK HERE: CCPA@trytrue.com (We don’t collect or use sensitive personal information, but we’re required to include this function.)
If you need assistance in exercising your rights or don’t wish to use the “click here” buttons, you may email us at CCPA@trytrue.com and we will assist you.
If you use our website: browsers have a number of privacy-related settings and extensions, such as allowing or blocking various types of cookies, allowing or preventing videos from automatically running, and a “do not track” setting (more info: https://www.eff.org/issues/do-not-track). Our website does not respond to “do not track” browser settings because there’s nothing to respond to: we don’t track your activities across websites.
EU RESIDENTS: If you’re located in the European Economic Area (EEA) or the UK, we don’t intentionally target people in the EU or UK and thus we are exempt from the GDPR. See EDPB Guidelines 3/2018 on the territorial scope of the GDPR (Article 3), Ver. 2.1 (Nov 12, 2019). GDPR Article 14, Paragraphs 5(a) and (b), and Article 27, Paragraph 2 also apply. In any case, we don’t collect personal data as defined in Art. 4 of the GDPR, except that which you voluntarily provide. We don’t pass such information on to any third party processors or share it with anyone. We use it only to communicate with you for our mutual business purposes, and you may delete or limit use of your information at any time, as set forth in our CCPA policy above.